BONSERNEWS.com – Rabies (mad dog disease) is an acute infectious disease that attacks the central nervous system in humans and warm-blooded animals caused by the rabies virus, transmitted through saliva (dogs, cats, monkeys) who get rabies by biting or through open wounds.
Rabies first entered Indonesia in 1884, discovered by Schrool (a Dutchman) in horses, then in 1889 Esser W, J,. and Penning discovered rabies in dogs.
In 1894, the first time the rabies virus attacked humans, was discovered by EV De Haan (a Dutchman).
Also Read: Is it true that Gilang Dirga has died? Hoax or Real? Let’s See Fact Checks and Full Descriptions
In Bali Province, rabies reappeared on 14 November 2008, affecting a resident of Banjar Giri Darma – Ungasan Village, South Kuta District, Badung and until now, rabies needs to be watched out for.
The morphology of the rabies virus, is bullet-shaped, has a length of 180 nm (nanometers) and a width of 75 nm.
The composition of this virus includes single-chain Ribo Nucleic Acid (RNA), lipids, carbohydrates and proteins.
Also Read: When After Abusing David Ozora, Mario Dandy Satriyo Shot at the Security Guard Really? Let’s Check Out the Reviews
The rabies virus includes physical and chemical properties. Here’s from the side of Physical Properties:
– Heating at 60o C for 5 minutes will kill the virus
– The virus will die when exposed to ultraviolet light
– Quickly die when outside the live network
– At -4oC (minus 4°C) the virus can survive for months.
while in terms of chemical properties:
– Can be inactivated by propiolactone, phenol, halidol azirin, fat dissolving agents, etc
– Lasts several weeks in glycerin at room temperature